Quality and Environment
Network Cargo Services obtained ISO 9001 certification back in 2004 and our Policy is to provide a quality transport service in relation to the increasing importance, which our customers place on the speed with which we respond to their needs. In order to achieve and maintain this policy, the implementation of a quality management system focuses on our total commitment to:
- Anticipate and respond promptly and professionally to customer's need for our services.
- Be aware of the need to develop and review services to contend with new technologies and customer expectations.
- The emphasis on management leadership at all times.
- Communicate the system and goals to all personnel.
- Have total commitment to our system and goals.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain quality staff in the operation of the company’s quality management system.
- Provide personnel the opportunity and encouragement to have input into how our goals can be achieved; and reward individual effort, commitment, innovation and accomplishment.
- Maintain reliable customer service performance measurement systems to ensure continuing quality improvement, and;
- Demonstrate to our customers, every time that their needs are first and foremost.
At Network Cargo Services we are concerned about the environment and are fully aware of the negative impacts our activities may have on the environment not only of our employees and stakeholders but also of our clients and future generations. We have therefore developed an environmental policy aimed at addressing clean air, climate change and clean water in the transportation sector. This includes reducing greenhouse gas emissions, air polution and other harmful transportation impacts on the environment. The policy does not only cover our own direct activities but also our indirect activities by influencing the strategic environmental agendas of carriers and hauliers.
We are proud to as the first, and to the best of our knowledge only, transport company in Sri Lanka to have obtained ISO 14001 certification back in 2009. Even if we have obtained this standard we are continually monitoring the developments not only to ensure that we comply with any new legislations and regulations introduced but also to find new areas and methods to reduce our carbon footprint.